Born in Islington, London, Drury began his artistic training under the guidance of the Frenchmen Edouard Lanteri and Jules Dalou who Drury worked with until 1885. He went onto assist Joseph Boehm. Drury’s lasting work can be found at the Victoria and Albert Museum where he contributed the figure of Prince Albert directly above the main entrance. Drury also produced the nine lunettes and the Queen Victoria all with his characteristic allegorical qualities. Drury was elected an Associate of the Royal Academy of Art in 1900 and later a full Academician in 1913. Drury’s work was greatly respected and he was thought of as a catalyst in the New Sculpture movement. He was also a member of the International Society of Sculptors, Painters and Gravers.