The Viennese born landscape painter Henry Inlander settled in England in 1938. He began his artistic training at St Martin’s School of Art in 1939 and later studied at the Camberwell School of Art and the Slade School of Art. During this time, Inlander began to gain recognition and in 1952 was awarded a scholarship to continue his studies in Rome. It was here that he held his first solo exhibition at the Galleria La Tartaruga. On returning to England he continued to exhibit regularly, with a significant solo exhibition held at the Leicester Galleries in 1956. His work is held in the collections of the Tate Gallery, the Contemporary Art Society and in numerous galleries overseas.